Sunday, August 12, 2007

Reviews, more Blair

Here's a couple of recent reviews:


The Girl with the Golden Shoes, by Colin Channer (WaPost review by Tina McElroy Ansa)


Oscar Micheaux: The Great and Only, by Patrick Mcgilligan (Miami Herald review [originally in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel] by Eugene Kane)




Casanegra is getting good press, again. Another article, in the LATimes, mentions that Tananarive Due did the first draft of the novel.



I bought the novel a little over a week ago - and knowing that Tananarive Due did the draft was what put me over the edge. I really love her fiction, so I felt like it was a book I would enjoy. And I really did. It was fun, a little racy at times, and I kept being distracted by wondering which of the three authors wrote which sections. Though I have my theories about which parts Blair had a particular hand in.



I also learned in the LATimes article about just how much work Blair is doing. It will probably make me tune in to even more television... oh well.

No comments: