Wednesday, July 17, 2002

Woohoo! Here I am, blogging my ramblings for the world to see. Admittedly, I'm a bit late to the whole weblog game, but I've been busy working, birthing a baby and reading paper books. But in the last few weeks, as my newborn son began to sleep more and our television has begun to die a slow, annoying death, I've been spending more time on the web. Big thanks to soapboxgirls and allaboutgeorge for introducing a sister to weblogs. I am now looking at weblogs every day - unbelievable!



Anyway, today allaboutgeorge referenced an article that hypes the potential benefit to G.W. Bush of a Colin Powell vice presidential run. Hmmm. They seem to think black voters will go for the okey-doke and cast ballots for the Republicans so we can get one of us near the top. If only Colin could just run for president. He'd be a good choice for our first try - he's one of the least threatening black men I can think of. His hair blows in the wind and he's the son of immigrants - people love that. But no offense to the man, I think he's pretty cool and we could use a pro-choice, pro-affirmative action voice in the Bush camp.

No comments: