Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quick links - better than none!

Life has been doubly busy for me in my "real-world" incarnation. So I'm trying to get back in the groove and figured I could post a few links.

Here's an excerpt I can't wait to read - from Otto Penzler's Black Noir: Mystery, Crime and Suspense Fiction by African American Writers.

I love mysteries and am intrigued by how race is presented in the genre.


The NY Daily News has a story on African American romances and how the success of some authors is gaining notice and lucrative contracts. It's really interesting to me that the romance authors are so prolific, even though many of them still work day jobs.

Black Voices has reviewed Children of the Waters, by Carleen Brice. I am already committed to buying it and the review confirms that decision ;).

Publishers Weekly
has an item on the African American programming at BEA this week.

No comments: